Cleveland @ San Antonio
Current Records: Cleveland 24-18; San Antonio 15-26
What to Know
The San Antonio Spurs' homestand continues as they prepare to take on the Cleveland Cavaliers at 8:30 p.m. ET Jan. 14 at AT&T Center. Cleveland will be strutting in after a win while the Spurs will be stumbling in from a loss.
San Antonio was close but no cigar on Wednesday as they fell 128-124 to the Houston Rockets. Point guard Dejounte Murray put forth a good effort for the losing side as he posted a triple-double on 32 points, 11 assists, and ten boards.
Meanwhile, the Cavaliers took their matchup against the Utah Jazz on Wednesday by a conclusive 111-91 score. The contest was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Cleveland had established an 88-68 advantage. They can attribute much of their success to power forward Lamar Stevens, who had 23 points in addition to seven rebounds, and small forward Lauri Markkanen, who had 20 points along with six boards.
San Antonio is expected to lose this next one by 3. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 14-7 against the spread when expected to lose.
San Antonio is now 15-26 while the Cavaliers sit at 24-18. A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Spurs rank fourth in the league when it comes to fouls per game, with only 17.9 on average. But Cleveland is even better: they come into the game boasting the fewest fouls per game in the league at 16.6. We'll see if that edge gives Cleveland a route to victory.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: AT&T Center — San Antonio, Texas
- TV: Bally Sports – Ohio
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $12.94
The Cavaliers are a 3-point favorite against the Spurs, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Cavaliers as a 2.5-point favorite.
San Antonio have won eight out of their last 12 games against Cleveland.
- Apr 05, 2021 – Cleveland 125 vs. San Antonio 101
- Mar 19, 2021 – San Antonio 116 vs. Cleveland 110
- Mar 08, 2020 – Cleveland 132 vs. San Antonio 129
- Dec 12, 2019 – Cleveland 117 vs. San Antonio 109
- Apr 07, 2019 – San Antonio 112 vs. Cleveland 90
- Mar 28, 2019 – San Antonio 116 vs. Cleveland 110
- Feb 25, 2018 – San Antonio 110 vs. Cleveland 94
- Jan 23, 2018 – San Antonio 114 vs. Cleveland 102
- Mar 27, 2017 – San Antonio 103 vs. Cleveland 74
- Jan 21, 2017 – San Antonio 118 vs. Cleveland 115
- Jan 30, 2016 – Cleveland 117 vs. San Antonio 103
- Jan 14, 2016 – San Antonio 99 vs. Cleveland 95